Electronic Village: 'Django Unchained' is Off the Hook

Posted December 26, 2012 by Electronic Village: 

'Django Unchained' is Off the Hook: I was in a sold-out theatre on Christmas Day to see ' Django Unchained ', starring Jamie Foxx, Kerry Washington, Samuel L. Jackson and Leona.

As an aside ... I think that Spike Lee is wrong. There is no need to boycott this flick. I'm told that the N-Word is used over 110 times. I was concerned about that factoid before I saw the movie. During and after the movie it dawned on me that if the N-Word was used at all ... it was used appropriately. You simply didn't think that the word was used gratuitously. The bigger concern may have been the graphic violence in the movie. In any case the dialogue in the script was appropriate for the time and place in history.

Read more here: http://electronicvillage.blogspot.com/



No comments: