field negro: I finally saw Django Unchained

and my gut is telling me that I liked the movie. Maybe it's because it reminded me of the house Negro field Negro dichotomy here in America, or maybe it's because I kept making comparisons to Stephen and Clarence Thomasin my head throughout the entire flick. It was long, but I didn't really notice and that's always a good sign. The acting, as is to be expected with A-list actors, was also good.

I watched it with Mrs. Field, who didn't like it quite as much as I did. Girlfriend, you must understand, is from the South, and members of her father's family were share croppers not that long ago. Watching movies about slavery and pre-civil rights America always sets her off. She also had issues with all the blood and over the top gore. I guess I should have warned her about Tarantino and his heavy hand with the ketchup.

field negro: I finally saw Django Unchained

No comments: