Soul-Patrol: Happy Birthday Marvin Gaye: Ain't that Peculiar Remix


I just wanna share something with yall right quick and say Happy Birthday to Marvin Gaye.

I realize that some of yall out there don't really think that Black Americans truly have their own distinct culture anymore? 
I mean with all of this talk about us being in a "post-racial society," and the notion that Black folks in 2013 are now so assimilated that there really isn't a distinct Black American culture anymore. Even hip hop, featuring artists like Eminem and others is now so mainstream that to even discuss it as being a "Black thang" anymore?

Well I am here to tell you that if you have any thoughts along those lines, that you would be 1000 percent incorrect.

And I serve up to you disbelievers out there EXHIBIT A: MARVIN P. GAYE read more at Soul-Patrol:

No comments: