Vote for Kerry L. Myers for Northampton County Council on May 21 2013

Kerry L. Myers

To my Neighbors and Friends at LV BNN:

I am Kerry L. Myers and I am seeking your support and need your vote on May, 21st 2013, in my quest to serve you on Northampton County Council!

Why am I seeking the office of Northampton County Council?
To serve this community.......from North Catty to Wilson Boro, Easton to Plainfield Twsp., Bangor to Bethlehem and all of the others 38 Municipalities.

Year's ago we took care of each other, we believed in each other, we cared for each other. That’s what made Northampton county unique! We have to get back to that ….somewhere along the line certain aspects of our county government got derailed. That's one of the reasons I decided to run for Northampton County Council.

First and foremost, let’s make one thing perfectly clear, I’m not a Politician!! I see myself as a Political Servant! Key word SERVANT. I'm here to serve the Public!

As a local product of Northampton County born and raised in Easton (the 11th born of 15 children of John R. & Helen Myers), I was raised and taught to be part of the solution. I'm proud to have served my country in the U.S. Navy where I was a member of the Navy Honor Guard in Washington DC. In 2007 I was elected by the people of Easton to serve as a member of the Easton Area School Board where I was eventual selected by my peers to serve as vice-president and president. I also chaired the facilities utilization committee for the board. In my professorial capacity, I am the supervisor of residence hall custodians at Lafayette College.

On the issues: 

1. GRACEDALE : Many people in Northampton County have been touched in one way or another in regards to this facility.  The care and sacrifices made by the staff of this county facility is an integral part of our county community. This is a perfect example of what it means to care for our community.  I’m all in with this program.

2 . HUMAN SERVICES: Area Agency on Aging, Children, Youth and Family, Mental Health, Early Intervention, Drug and Alcohol. This wide spectrum of services is very important to Northampton County. We should ensure these programs are supported.

3. VETERAN AFFAIRS: I would like to propose that Northampton County Council add this as a committee.  We can’t and haven’t done enough for our Veterans who have served this country. This must be a priority for Northampton County.

I look forward to serving you as a member of Northampton County Council. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Kerry L. Myers

Paid for by Friends of Kerry L. Myers for  Northampton County Council

No comments: