Meek Mill plans to sue 'racist as hell' Cosmopolitan hotel after it turned him away in Las Vegas

Alex Horton, The Washington Post Published 12:48 pm CDT, Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Photo: Photo For The Washington Post By Kyle Gustafson

The men in suits had a message for rapper Meek Mill: He was not allowed to enter the Cosmopolitan hotel in Las Vegas.

"We are private property, at this time. With the information we have, we're refusing to do business with you. We have the right to do that," a hotel security staffer said during the incident Saturday. Earlier, another staffer said Mill would be arrested for "trespassing" if he were to enter.

"You're telling me I will be arrested if I don't leave. If I walk upstairs and I get something to eat, I'll be arrested. For what? For being a rapper?" Mill shot back in a tense video recorded by his associate.

In the video, posted to Twitter and Instagram on Saturday and paired with Mill's accusation that the incident was because he is a black rapper, the hotel staff do not offer a reason Mill was blocked from entry. The hotel later said it was because of overcrowding in a hotel club.

"I'm not accusing you of doing anything, man," a hotel staffer said. "I wasn't there, I don't know. This is way bigger than me. Obvious you're somebody."  Read more here:

No comments: